An Altered Tin Tutorial with Infinity! ^__^
Hello and Good Morning! ^__^
On this last day of 2015, I (Halak) am going to take you through a fun tutorial.
I altered a Tin Box!
Stuff I used for this apart from the tin box : Papericious Infinity Collection Papers, Die-Cuts and Flairs, plus some washi tape, sequins, a flair from an earlier Papericious release, a stencil with some ink + Papericious Blending Tool, a tiny green flower and some Die-Cuts from Papericious Often Collection.
(I kinda converted this altered tin into a photoframe of sorts for me so... yeah, that's my childhood photograph. Lol!)
Adhesives : Industrial strength tacky tape and PVA glue (Fevicol).
(Yes, you can also use Mod Podge, I just used these cos I am comfortable with them more than Mod Podge).
Let's get to the steps :
1. I took an old tin box that I had at home. (You can use any old metal box that you fancy.)
The reason I used a tin box is because they are easily available and it's metal.
Metals and magnets are a match made in crafty heaven! :D
So, here's the tin box, all shiny and clean.
2. See how the edges are rounded?
The next part is cutting up the paper to size for laying it inside. I also rounded the edges using a corner rounder (size : L) but if you don't have one, fret not, just cut it by hand. If it doesn't turn out okay, you can always cover it up with some embellishments!
Here is also a picture of the die-cuts that I worked with. (I figured one butterfly was looking too lonely all by itself, so later I fussy-cut another one from the GORGEOUS Infinity papers to give the first one some company! ^__^ )
3. After this I tore some pieces of paper from the Infinity stack to layer on my original piece.
Aren't these pretty! I absolutely LOVE that pink bloom!
4. Then I took a stencil and did a bit of stenciling on my original base using the Papericious Blending Tool. You can check it out in this cool close up.
5. Then I adhered the three hand-torn pieces (from another sheet out of Papericious Infinity Paper Pack) to my base (using Fevicol) and started working with the die-cuts and flairs, moving them about and deciding how I liked them best.
Note : I was pretty generous with the Fevicol, because I didn't want anything to come off, so the paper has warped a little, but fret not, once you glue it to the base, everything will be awesome and aligned.
I decided to adhere stuff to my base first and then adhere the base to the tin because, it was my first altered tin and I knew I would be highly uncomfortable gluing things down after the base is adhered to the tin.
So, once I was happy with how I wanted things, I adhered them to the base (using Fevicol) and then, adhered the base to my tin (using Fevicol + Industrial strength tacky tape).
Ah yes, the benefits of tin. I added a small magnet to my picture and boom. You have an altered tin / photoframe!! How cool is that!
So, that's about it dear friends, I hope you enjoyed reading this, see you next year and, I hope that 2016 brings you all a lot of happiness and joy!
Last but not the least, here's another close up!
Till next time dear friends! *Hugs*
Posted via Blogaway