Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit from Irit Shalom designs is here today and I am going to share my easy tutorial made with the most gorgeous, just released Whimsical collection.
This time I made a big wooden altered printers' tray (old piece from 7 Gypsies, but you can find the cheap version in any craft shop).
This tray contains 12 ATC size pieces and I decided to use three photos and to make all other 9 pieces as embellished cards and then to embellish over the tray for more interest.
The tray was already painted in dirty white color and I didn't change it.
First I am going to show you the whole altered project and then I made the step by step tutorial for you to use.
The side view of the tray shows the layers and the over the tray embellishments.
Some corners were embellished with new Papericious Fabric Flowers and new Papericious Chipboards.
This is a view of another over the tray embellishments cluster:
And now to the full step by step tutorial:
1. Find the scalloped rectangle die that fits the tray spot size and die cut 12 pieces using the most monochromatic cardstock from Whimsical collection. (I used Cheery Lynn Designs Nested dies, but you can find the same kind dies from other manufacturers or just hand cut the proper rectangles without the scalloped edges).
2.Use the next size of scalloped dies and die cut 9 pieces with images from the paper collection.
3. Use 3D foam glue to arrange 9 rectangles with the large background die cut and the smaller upper die cut as shown.
4. Trim three photos to fit the large scalloped rectangle die cut. Distress the photo edges with sand paper. Glue the photos over the last three scalloped die cuts.
5. Paint Papericious Chipboard pieces with White Gesso and them heat emboss with Clear embossing powder.
6. Arrange each and every card before you glue it into the tray.
Here are some examples of the embellished cards.
This card was embellished with Papericious Butterflies that were heat embossed with embossing glitter.
7. This card was embellished with Papericious Lace behind the front die cut.
8. This card was embellished with two layers of embossed chipboards and then the hand cut birds were glued over the Chipboard pieces.
9. Embellish the top right corner with hand cut cardstock flowers.
10. Die cut the title from Whimsical paper pack saying cardstock; paint it with Lavender water color paint and glue near the Fabric Flowers and Chipboard cluster over the tray.
11. Arrange the second Fabric Flowers cluster with lace and chipboards as shown. Add sequins as your flower centers and a piece of wax cord for the interest.
And here is the full project again!
I hope you liked it and will follow my instructions to make your own printers tray with this most adorable Whimsical collection!
Papericious products list:
Whimsical Collection Paper kit.
Leaf Collage Chipboards
Butterflies Collage Chipboards
Fabric Flowers FL5002
Lace - Circle Flourish
Baby Pink Cup Sequins