Magnetic Shadow Box

11:00 am lekha 5 Comments

Hi lovely people, 
Today I am here with something out of my comfort zone!..Yes, Valentine's theme gets me dizzy. Hope my little tutorial inspires you to create for the theme(especially if you fall in my category).
I am using the new release from Papericious 6x8 inch shadow box( different sizes are available in the store) and the Love Actually paper pack, perfect for your Valentine's Day projects.

Paint the shadow box with chalk paints (I have used the Brick Red chalk paint)or acrylics of your choice.  I have painted only the inner walls and the back of the shadow box as I would sticking the pattern paper to the rest of the surface. 

For the shadow box I have used the magnetic sheet to create base for the mini magnetic shakers. Magnetic sheets are easy to cut. I have used the Papericious decoupage glue to adhere the magnetic sheet to the shadow box. I have also screwed key holders to the bottom side of the shadow box.
 Cut the magnetic sheet 1-2 cm smaller than the inner cavity, so its east to cover it with paper.
 Decoupage using the lovely prints form the paper pack. 


 Another very popular Papericious release are the mini shakers and the bead mix. I love in how many shapes these come. I have used chalk paints and acrylic paints to paint these mini shakers. The sentiments come from the collage sheet from the paper pack. For this project I have made few hanging chippis and few magnetic ones.

  
 And yes not to forget some fussy cutting to these lovely roses. I have also added some handmade felt roses. The little message bottle has the sequins mix.
I love making shaker embellishments and Papericious has some lovely designs and the bead mix and sequins are just apt for the shakers. Here I have three hanging mini 3d chippis.The sentiments in them are also fussy cut from the paper pack. The collage sheet in the paper pack has ample options for your projects.
And nothing comes more handy than laces. These are just perfect to give a new look to your project. I have used swirl mesh lace here. Trimmed into half for the shadow box borders.

 Here is the complete look of my project for my Valentine's day theme. 


Hope you like this and get inspired .
Do leave some love in the comments below.
Keep Crafting
 Lekha 

 Supplies used 
SIZE:6X8" 




You Might Also Like

5 comments: