Decoupage Lamp cum Flower Vase with Tutorial

11:01 am Chirali Shah 2 Comments

Hello people.

I hope you all are doing great.

Chirali this side with a brand new picture tutorial for you all using gorgeous decoupage decoupage papers and glue and the title says it all about the project, handmade lamp cum flower vase. 

Here is the sneakpeek, finished project photos are at the end of the tutorial.


Sit back, relax and enjoy the tutorial. ;)


First of all, I made a lamp so I cut quite a big white sheet as shown in the picture with the help of a big bucket and painted it with Duck Egg chalk paint.


Then I adhered a lace on the lower edge of the lamp and applied papericious crackle paste here and there. I applied a thin layer to get such small cracks. If you want bigger cracks, apply a thick layer of crackle paste.


Then I painted the crackled area again with duck egg chalk paint taking care that cracks should be seen. I fussy cut the Purple Garden Decoupage Paper and put it on the desired place just to keep that space blank. Then took that paper off and applied modelling paste in the surrounding area.


Then I dry brushed French Blue and Pearl Pink chalk paint here and there, finishing it with some stencilling.


Finally, using decoupage glue, I adhered the fussy cut decoupage paper, distressed edges of fussy cut flower with Pearl Pink chalk paint and covered whole thing with decoupage glue. 

At last, I joined both the edges of this paper to make a lamp. (Sorry, I couldn't capture it)

Now coming to the base:


I had a packing tape waste rolls with me so I joined them with packing tape to make a big pipe.
I applied modelling paste with cake cutting knife to get a look of a tree. Then painted whole thing with French Blue chalk paint.

Actually I did this to match the base with the Butterflies Garden decoupage paper as it was smaller than this whole pipe so I had to create similar thing on my own.


Then using dry brush technique, I applied yellow, green, brown and black acrylic colours, finishing it with dark brown edges.


I stamped some images, if you can see. 


See, this is the paper which I have tried to recreate on pipe.

I took a CD and wrapped this decoupage paper on it. This is the base on which whole lamp or vase will be put.


I fussy cut the butterflies and other things and decoupages them on lamp.


SO here is the final thing:


I cut the extra frills of the lace and made a ring with net as a base of lamp to put it on the pipe.


If you use it as a flower vase!!


With lights!!! I made a small partition on the back side with cutter to pass the wire of bulb.


Vase with lights!!!

I hope you liked it. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Chirali.:)

Supplies used:
















You Might Also Like

2 comments: